Now that winter is upon us and we’re in the midst of Holiday season, hopefully everyone will get to enjoy some time off with their families. This time is also a good time to ensure that your home is ready for the upcoming winter season.
We have provided some useful winter Home Improvement tips. HomeNet Solutions has aver 1200 contractors that can assist you with these or any of your home improvement projects:
- If you have can or recessed lights, remove the ring and add caulk or aluminum tape to help warm air from escaping your house.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. This will help you control energy costs, and will save you $180 per year on average.
- Clean your refrigerator coils. (Refer to your fridge’s manual or manufacturer’s website to find out how.)
- Check and flush out the water heater to remove sediment that may have built up in it.
- Check the caulking around showers and bathtubs and replace it if it’s cracked or peeling.
- Check your home’s crawlspace for water damage, animals, or other foreign matter.
- Check electrical cords, plugs and outlets for all indoor and outdoor seasonal lights to ensure fire safety: if worn, or plugs or cords feel warm to the touch, replace immediately.
Hopefully these tips will make your life easier in 2013. Please share any of your own tips in the comments section.