In addition to helping homeowners find pre–qualified, reliable, proven, and insured home improvement professionals, HomeNet Solutions is available as your homeowner’s resource. We invite you to review the following pages for valuable home improvement information or to answer your home improvement related questions.
TIPS WHEN HIRING A CONTRACTOR
- Determine the specifics of the project you want to have completed prior to contacting a contractor.
- For most large, detailed and/or complicated jobs, consider meeting with at least two qualified specialists to compare ideas and price.
- Make it a point to learn as much as possible about each potential contractor (references, experience, perception towards their work),and gauge responsiveness and interest towards you and your project.
- Always ask for a written estimate. Make sure your job is clearly defined in the estimate, and there is no confusion on 1) what jobs are going to be done, and 2) the timeframe of the project.
- When you hire a contractor to complete your project, make sure to get a confirmed, written start date.
- Choosing the contractor based on who is the least expensive is rarely the best method. Choose the contractor you feel is best suited for your specific project and needs.
Before hiring a contractor, conduct a background check on the following:
- Check homeowner references as well as professional references
- If possible, visit previous jobs completed by the contractor
- Verify the contractor has insurance
- Verify the contractor has valid licenses when required for a job
- WHEN USING HOMENET SOLUTIONS TO FIND A CONTRACTOR, WE WORK ON THE ABOVE WITH YOU!
HomeNet Solutions … the better way to find a contractor